What is a good objective to write on a resume
The objective statement is an important part of the resume as it is the first thing the employer reads and you must make a solid statement so that you create a good impression on him. The objective, as the name suggests, is your way of saying what you want to do in your career, how you plan to utilize your skills for the benefit of you organization, if you have any vision and where do you see yourself in a few years from now.
These statements let the employer know if your goals are suitable for the company’s success, he gets to know your attitude towards work and if you are the right person for the position. There is no one answer as to what consists of a good objective for a resume. You need to write one depending on the job you are applying for, your skills and your ambitions.
Here are a few points you can consider when you are thinking of a good objective to write on a resume:
- You must first decide what your purpose is of writing the objective and what you want to accomplish by writing it. Keeping that in mind, you should form a sentence because the content of the objective will describe what your goals are when the employer reads it
- Clarity is very important when writing a good resume objective because if you give lofty, vague statements and can’t match it with your answer at the interview, you make a bad impression the employer
- There should be a balance of ambition and realistic expectations in your objective
- Keep in mind the role you are applying for and customize your objective accordingly
- Don’t make it too long and instead of beating around the bush, be direct when writing how you will be the right person for the job
Category: Resume Objectives