Tips on Writing a Resume for College Students
A resume is one of the most important documents that is needed while applying for a job or a course in an educational institution. Therefore a resume must be written down very carefully keeping in mind that it holds key importance in the selection criteria. For college students, a resume is useful for applying to higher education or even for job positions. There are many things a college student must keep in mind while framing or drafting a resume. The following given tips and suggestions would come in handy if you are a college student wanting to frame the perfect resume for yourself:
- A resume must consist of the personal information of the candidate or applicant such as his/her name, email address, contact number and residential address etc. This part must be covered at the starting of the resume.
- The next part of the resume must be the resume objective which is a statement that is written down to describe the future goals of the applicant and how he plans to reach to those goals.
- A resume must also consist of the educational qualifications and details of the candidate. This part must focus upon the names of courses done and the names of the educational institutions from which education is attained.
- A part of the resume can also be devoted to giving the co curricular activity details (if any). This part must talk about the various courses pursued by the applicant. One can also give in brief the details of the training programs undertaken.
- The resume should be written down in a formal format and must not sound casual in any way.
- You can also talk about your areas of expertise, skills and hobbies at the end of the resume, but in brief.